Your ranch staff is responsible for all aspects of the smooth running of your ranch or farm, including the expert care of your livestock. This is a multi-faceted responsibility — one that requires a strong work ethic and time commitment that includes nights and weekends.
Your ideal ranch staff candidate should have first-hand experience and a solid background running the kind of ranch or farm you own, and be willing to commit to the time it takes to properly manage your ranch or farm.
- Care and maintenance of all aspects of the ranch, including livestock, the property and any improvements
- Preventative maintenance on the grounds and the animals
- Feed, water, shoe and otherwise care for livestock
- Hire, train and manage staff
- Manage vendors
- Live on premises for safety and security purposes (recommended)